Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Resentment

Resentment - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary: "a feeling of indignant displeasure or persistent ill will at something regarded as a wrong, insult, or injury"

My last go round with Step Four, when it came to the part about resentments I was surprised at how few I had. I had and continue to hear of other people having these GINORMOUS list of resentments. I worried that I was doing the step wrong just for the fact that I was not loaded with resentments!! How can this be when others have list after list after list of them?

I have very good people in my life, that is why my list of resentments continues to be one of the smaller ones for character defects. I was told that having a resentment is like taking poison and expecting the other person to get ill or die from it. The only one who is damaged by holding onto a resentment is ME. It also says in the big book that people like me should best leave these types of feelings to those that can handle them. Resentments will lead me to a drink.

The wonderful lady who ran that awol from a couple of years ago would just LIGHT UP when she talked about her life today, FREE OF RESENTMENTS. The freedom, the joy, the peace. When I feel a snarly one coming on, I remember today to pray for the person who is pissing me off ... lol And no, not for a piano to land on their head!! I pray that God gives them just what He thinks they need. And I don't worry about what that is. And that wonderful lady is right, freedom, joy, peace. I get to have it all as long as that list continues to stay small.

No comments: