Thursday, November 11, 2010

Five years One Week

And there just plain is not enough space in all the world to list the gifts God has given me.

Last week I went out to breakfast with my daughter. (gift) One of the topics of conversation was another vip in my life, who, a couple of years ago said to me "I am pretty sure I have a problem but I am not ready to do anything about it". Fair enough. I said to him at the time that I would not force stuff down his throat but would on occasion ask if he wanted to go to a meeting. No pressure.

I came home from work that day and found a e-mail from said vip. He was ready. (GINORMOUS GIFT). He went to his first meeting that night and will have a solid week tomorrow. One Day At A Time!!!

God doing His God thing all over the place in my life. I now have two very special people who have come into the halls of AA. They are now helping each other as well. It has been pretty special to see vip1 talk to vip2 about what he has learned so far in his journey.

With my crazy schedule right now I have felt bad that I am not "doing" enough for either of them, so I did what I did best and gave it over to God. Silly human that I am to be feeling bad in the first place. God had a plan from the start, I am just a little part of it. (gift).

I am so glad for my life right now and the people in it. I am constantly amazed by the people God has brought into my life. Both AA'ers and Earth People. He chose them well for me so that I may never forget the power of example they set. Good times and bad.

No comments: