Sunday, April 10, 2011

Gremlin


Never having an original thought when it comes to

AA it did not surprise me to find out that one I DID think was my own is actually already out there!! For all I know I heard it at a meeting and made it mine, that happens a lot.

This particular thought had been buzzing in my head for a while and I brought it up in group to the men I work with. The disease of addiction is just like those fuzzy little creatures known as Mogwai in the movie GREMLINS.

When it is being taken care of it is pretty harmless. But if you forget the rules ( ask for help, go to meetings, use your sponsor, join a group, be active ) then you end up with the scary dudes that destroy everything in your world.

We all agreed it was a good comparison. I shared the story with my brother who informed me that he had heard the same comparison at a meeting the week before .. lol So much for original thought!!

It's all good though. The comparison stands, the lesson is valuable regardless of who thought it first.

I will stick with doing what I know is working and keep in mind that although my disease is wearing a cute little mogwai face right now, it takes very little for it to become a gremlin!

No comments: