Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Healthy ~

My parents have always been of the "if something is wrong call the doctor" type. Children and pets in our household, always got their shots!! Although not as good as mom and dad about my own health, I do try and get to the doctor every couple of years. Sobriety has given me the gift of improved health. Working my tail off this summer has whittled me down size wise, and given me muscles I never knew I could have!! So I figure I am in good health, right?

At the first AWOL one of the things that we went over was health. How taking good care of yourself is a very important part of sobriety. Bad health can lead to re-lapse. It made sense to me. I last saw my primary when I was a few months sober. After the AWOL I made a appointment with my primary, so he could tell me I am as healthy as I think I am.

Then I fainted. Yes, really fainted!! Never had that happen ever before. Not even passed out in a bar and pretend it was fainting! Can't say it is on my list of things to do again real quick. I was chatting during break at a meeting a week ago today. My tummy had been upset, and I still blame that ~ bbq ribs, pepsi, and a sweet flavored latte ~. The tummy ache got worse, I felt a little queasy, moved off to the side and next thing I know I am looking up at all these faces wondering why they are in my bedroom??????? Apparently I was out for a couple of minutes. My embarrassment was acute I can tell you that much!! 911 was on the way .. joy joy joy... Nobody would let me get up, and it was just easier to give in. The boys in blue showed up and loaded me into the ambulance. ( I will admit to the very vain thought of how I was glad for the weight loss when they put me on the gurney!!) Everything checked out ok though .. bp ~fine sugar~fine temp~fine. They still wanted me to go to the hospital, they always want you to go to the hospital!! Cute though these guys were, I was all set thank you very much. If I had really thought there was something big wrong I would have gone. But spending the night being poked, prodded, and generally annoyed ~ all the while wondering how much this was going to COST .. nope, pass.

But I still can't believe I fainted!! lol I did call the dr. the next day. He never called back. I am scheduled for my appointment next week. And I know he won't know why it happened anymore next week that he would had I gone in the next day. Just one of those things.

I am so glad we covered health in the AWOL ....

No comments: