Monday, August 18, 2008

Grad-ah-tude

Today I will be grateful for family, and the fact that they love me sometimes despite myself! I think this week it is going to be important to remember how much family means to me. One of my nieces is getting married this weekend. A wedding to rival a royal wedding!! Even though with each new idea she has she adds that she and the dh to be are "simple" people. If this wedding does not prove just how complex we "simple" people are, I don't know what will!! As the day gets closer I know the stress will build, and THAT is why I have to REMEMBER to be GRATEFUL for family .. lol
I am actually blessed with a really great family. 7 brothers and sisters, both parents living, and a slew of wonderful nieces and nephews ranging from baby, to 33!!! Are we a perfect family, puh-leez!! But we do stick together good times and bad. And we have had some very bad. The admiration I feel for each one of my family members unfortunately goes unspoken most of the time. We are real good about giving each other a hard time .. with love.... not so good about saying hey, you are a great person and I love you and I am proud of you. Why that is so difficult to do to someone you love ?????? Something to work on.
So today I am going to pray for each member of my family, love, health, happiness, and a awareness of the good things in their own life to be grateful!

No comments: