Tuesday, August 19, 2008

grad-ah-tude

So today was kind of a tough day ~ "D" day ~ I had to go to court for my divorce. Lots and lots of emotions floating around for me right now. Keeping in mind the promises though, today I am grateful for the history I had with my now former husband. I am grateful for all the good times, all the times we were able to share and express love and support for each other, the growing we did together and the many times he helped me. I will always be grateful for having HIM in my life for the period of time we had before I crossed the line and turned into a drunken sloth. I hope that someday he will be able to forgive me, and that I don't allow myself to turn bitter and nasty at him if he is not able to. "Will not regret the past or wish to shut the door on it" .... that covers a lot. Good and bad. I am grateful that I have those promises to help me through days like today!!

No comments: