Monday, May 21, 2007

I made it to the halls of AA. And a day at a time here I stay. I have not done it all the way it has been suggested, I just got a sponsor about a month ago. At first I think part of me was resisting the AA thing just because. I knew AA worked .. I had met some amazing people who had been in AA for years. But I was still thinking I could do it on my own. I would just go to AA for back up :) I think also I still had the concern that AA was a cult. All the GOD stuff... ewww, must be a cult. Well, if you are new to AA .. it is not a cult. Higher Power ... believe that I believe if you don't have one. The openness of how your Higher Power can be whatever works for you is really one of the amazing things about the AA program. I have met but a few out of thousands that insist on the HP being GOD. It really allows each person to make there own program. That really is a pretty cool thing. Now my Higher Power is the God of MY understanding. I was brought up Catholic, and I do get comfort from going to church now and then, but my spirituality is something I treasure now. My God is really great ... loves me He does. Always has. And now He is happy that I have found my way back to Him. A day at a time.

No comments: